Monday, December 26, 2011

The revival of my travel blog

So the stars aligned and I'm staying in France for a month. I have funding to go to a conference, the vacant apartment of a friend who is out of town, a sudden gap in my schedule, and newly improved French after taking a course last semester, so it seems like the best time for it.

I want to write a bit about how I spend my time so that I remember it better, and some people seem to be curious about it as well (which surprises me because I'm extremely boring). So, I decided to revive my travel blog from a couple of years ago. It was called Grinnell-in-Cambridge, as a play on the names of Grinnell's study abroad programs, but since it's been a long time since I've been at Grinnell, and I'm not in Cambridge, I've decided to retitle it "Where in the World is Katrina Sandiego?" for a bit of 80's and 90's nostalgia. And also since I wish I were an international supervillain capable of stealing all the beans from Lima.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get my photos off of my camera and onto my computer while I'm here (really, I checked all the possibilities and I just can't right now) so this will be a very wordy blog for quite sometime, but I promise there are some good photos, and I will put them up after I return home in a few weeks.

No comments: